SCARFSHOP scarves are dyed by hand in small batches by Martha McQuade. Trained as an architect, Martha spends most of her time making things, teaching design, and recording her process.
Martha’s scarves are the most beautiful, lush colors and it’s impossible to have just one. They are made from light as air cotton, with an open, textural weave. (I absolutely love this month’s color – mulberry – and just received mine today. I know I’ll wear it often.)
Martha is going to send a nice collection of colors in assorted sizes for KINDRED. We’re sure these are going to fly out the door, so make sure you come by early!!
Martha likes candy (any kind except circus peanuts), BIG landscapes (like West Texas), seeing creative people’s workspaces and sketchbooks, and wool fiber.
She dislikes bad lighting, dull people, and circus peanuts (see above).
20+ Questions with Martha
1. Coffee or tea? COFFEE
2. What’s the last great book you read, or just an all-time favorite? Last book which was also great was “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”
3. Favorite season/time of year? winter
4. Sweet or savory? sweet
5. Album you have on repeat right now? The Xx: xx
6. Can you drive stick shift? yes
7. Favorite type of pen and/or pencil? Pen: paper mate flair in black. Pencil: Palomino Blackwing
8. Ocean or lake? lake
9.Secret junk food vice? candy -although it’s not a secret….
10.Early bird or night owl? early bird
11. A favorite meal? salsa
12. Are you a list-maker? On your computer, or with pen and paper? pen and paper
13. Favorite time of day? early morning
14. Some people do, some people don’t: do you wear hats? no
15. Where were you born? Wisconsin
16. Would you rather cook, or do the dishes? cook
17. Do you dance in public or would you rather not? rather not
18. Are you on time or do you run late? either too early or late
19. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead? spontaneous
20. Do you buy books or use the public library? both
21. Do you have a favorite place in San Francisco? the bunkers on the hill looking over the golden gate and headlands center for the arts
22. Do you consider yourself an optimist? YES
23. Cats or dogs? Neither or both? CATS
24. Favorite color? too hard to pick one
25. Are you able to go to the grocery store and buy only what’s on your list?yes
26. Are you good at math? yes
27. Do you get seasick? yes
28. Do you read your horoscope? no
29. Are you good at card and board games? yes