FORAGE is small haberdashery based in Philadelphia specializing in limited edition bow ties and neckties. Shauna and Stephen love being hands on with every aspect of the business from fabric sourcing to printing boxes. The name FORAGE comes from their love of hunting for vintage and dead-stock fabrics which inspire each collection.
Shauna likes: drinking coffee all day long, collecting post-it notes and colored pens, losing track of time in her letterpress studio, and searching for vintage things to add to her many collections.
Stephen likes: driving his vintage pick-up truck, listening to radio lab while working in the studio, building things in his wood shop, and exploring the woods with his dog.
Shauna dislikes: the hot summer months, camping, and cooking with onions or mushrooms.
Stephen dislikes: eating asparagus, finding spiders in the house, and getting lost on the subway in nyc.
all photos courtesy of forage haberdashery
20+ Questions with Shauna
1. Coffee or tea? coffee, coffee, coffee! (& more coffee)
2. What’s the last great book you read, or just an all-time favorite? i just re-read “utopia parkway” about one of my favorite artist: joseph cornell.
3. Favorite season/time of year? autumn – i grew up in florida so it’s still a surprise to me to see the leaves change colors each year.
4. Sweet or savory? can i pick both? pretty please.
5. Album you have on repeat right now? everything by thao nguyen
6. Can you drive stick shift? never even tried.
7. Favorite type of pen and/or pencil? mechanical pencils with an unused eraser.
8. Tell us an odd/random fact about yourself
9. Ocean or lake? ocean in the evening.
10.Secret junk food vice? right now my favorite is jelly beans.
11.Early bird or night owl? both.
12. A favorite meal? since being pregnant, i’m obsessed with fruit salad and toast.
13. Are you a list-maker? On your computer, or with pen and paper? yes – anywhere and
everywhere. extra points if it’s color coded or involves post-it notes.
14. Favorite time of day? morning
15. Some people do, some people don’t: do you wear hats? never-ever.
16. Where were you born? miami, florida
17. Would you rather cook, or do the dishes? ummm… let’s just say i’m really lucky that stephen likes to do both.
18. Do you dance in public or would you rather not? no thanks.
19. Are you on time or do you run late? when alone, i’m always just a bit early – when i’m with stephen i’m always a bit late.
20. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead? plan!!!
21. Do you buy books or use the public library? i love both – growing our book collection is a favorite hobby but i really love libraries – i worked in one from the time i was in the 5th grade all through college.
22. Do you consider yourself an optimist? sadly, i generally focus on the empty half of the glass.
23. Cats or dogs? Neither or both? dogs!!!
24. Favorite color? coral.
25. Are you able to go to the grocery store and buy only what’s on your list? i hate grocery shopping – i love ordering online and having them delivered to me!
26. Are you good at math? terrible.
27. Do you get seasick? yes.
28. Do you read your horoscope? once in a while.
29. Are you good at card and board games? no.