Falconwright is a line of screen printed leather goods handmade in Toronto by Sandi Falconer and Danielle Wright.
We are head over heels for Falconwright’s combination of color and pattern and functionality. We’ve been seeing lots of love for their clutches all over the internet, and have not yet been speedy enough to get one before they sell out. We’re delighted that they’ll be sending a selection to us at KINDRED – lucky us, lucky you.
Sandi & Danielle like: chips, Ted Danson, novelty ring tones, ballpoint pens, true crime stories, coffee, Halloween, sharp scissors, puppies, The X-Files, and chocolate chip cookies.
Sandi & Danielle dislike: raisins, gardening, yogurt (Sandi), wheat beer, and popping balloons (Danielle).
all photos courtesy of falconwright
20+ Questions with Sandi & Danielle
1. Coffee or tea? S: Coffee! Tea only when I’ve had too much coffee.
2. What’s the last great book you read, or just an all-time favorite? S: The last book I read was How A Person Should Be by Sheila Heti. I’m currently reading Just Kids by Patti Smith and The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach. It’s truly embarrassing how long it takes me to finish a book.
3. Favorite season/time of year? S: While fall would normally be my answer, this was definitely the year I finally fell in love with summer. Probably because this was also the year I introduced shorts into my life.
4. Sweet or savory? D: Savoury every time. With extra salt please.
5. Album you have on repeat right now? S: Moms by Menomena & LiveLoveA$AP by ASAP Rocky. D: Slaughterhouse by Ty Segall
7. Favorite type of pen and/or pencil? S: Ballpoint pens. Sharp pencils. Ink and a brush.
9. Ocean or lake? S: Lake. In my dreams I live in a house on a lake and it’s the best.
10.Secret junk food vice? S: Cheesies!
11. Early bird or night owl? D: Early bird. Early morning coffee
12. A favorite meal? S: Grilled cheese and french fries. D: A bowl of soup and a cheesy scone.
13. Are you a list-maker? On your computer, or with pen and paper? S: Definitely a list maker. Mostly on scraps of paper, envelopes, etc. The act of writing the list seems more important than me actually finding or using the lists, ha.
16. Where were you born? S: Toronto.
17. Would you rather cook, or do the dishes? D: Cook! I especially like to bake things- early mornings eats like muffins and scones.
20. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead? S: A bit of both! Though I definitely have a soft spot for spontaneous adventures.
22. Do you have a favorite place in San Francisco? S: I’ve never been to San Francisco, but I really hope to visit one day.
24. Cats or dogs? Neither or both? S: BOTH.
25. Favorite color? S: Black & denim.
26. Are you able to go to the grocery store and buy only what’s on your list? S: Never. I always end up forgetting stuff on my list. Total mood shopper.
28. Do you get seasick? D: Seasick, carsick, airsick.
29. Do you read your horoscope? D: ALL the time. I may have an unhealthy addiction to reading my daily horoscope.