moop makes really good bags – really, really good ones (and we’re not the only ones to think so). One of the first things I bought on etsy, many years ago, was a Market Bag in Rosewood. It’s been such an inspiration to watch moop take off over the years – and yet to stay so true to form.
We are so stoked to have moop sending special edition waxed canvas letter clutches (in red or navy) with leather closures. These beauties are debuting at KINDRED, and I have a feeling they’re going to sell like hot cakes. I’ve been coveting one of these for a long time (and already asked Wendy to make an extra red one for me).
The letter clutch is 11″ x 6″. It has two slip pockets under the flap, an interior zipper pocket, and a larger slip pocket across the back. Like all moop bags, the letter clutch is thoughtfully designed to be both useful and beautiful.
Wendy loves the perfect sweatshirt, smartly designed buildings and sharing meals with friends. She dreams of living in a cabin in the woods and loves French macarons.
She dislikes the use of the word funky to describe artists, jelly-filled donuts, and tiny bits of food served on giant plates.
photos courtesy of moop.
20+ Questions with Wendy
1. Coffee or tea? cocktails! but, I prefer strong black coffee the morning after
2. What’s the last great book you read, or just an all-time favorite? I’m currently reading Swimming Studies, it has the most beautiful cover. I love just about anything by Dave Eggers or Jennifer Egan.
3. Favorite season/time of year? I love early summer. I do not love mosquitos.
4. Sweet or savory? Both. Like salty caramel.
5. Can you drive stick shift? yes!
6. Favorite type of pen and/or pencil? I go through a lot of disappearing ink pens. They make my task of accurately marking bag patterns much easier.
7. Tell us an odd/random fact about yourself — My spirit animal is a Moose.
8. Ocean or lake? The Great Lakes.
9. Secret junk food vice? French Fries – the Belgian way.
10.Early bird or night owl? during my night owl years I wished I were an early bird. Now that I am, I wish I were able to also be a night owl.
11. A favorite meal? Breakfast. I prepare a hot breakfast every morning. It’s one of my favorite rituals.
12. Are you a list-maker? On your computer, or with pen and paper? I am an avid pen and paper list maker. My desk, my car, every bag I carry..they’re all littered with lists.
13. Favorite time of day? 7 a.m., with a good cup of coffee.
14. Some people do, some people don’t: do you wear hats? Only proverbial ones.
15. Where were you born? Fairfax, Virginia
16. Would you rather cook, or do the dishes? Many people find doing the dishes cathartic. I am not one of them. I much prefer to cook and have someone else clean up after me. I dream of having a dishwasher (once our renovation is complete, I will!)
17. Do you buy books or use the public library? I buy books. I love to read and re-read, flip through pages and be surrounded by them in my home. My book collection is like a personal history.
18. Do you consider yourself an optimist? I think so
19. Cats or dogs? Neither or both? Kitties! We have a house cat name Mouse and a mouse cat named Clyde.
20. Favorite color? Blue (especially with undertones of gray)
21. Are you able to go to the grocery store and buy only what’s on your list? Never!
22. Are you good at math? I dream of being able to make math jokes to impress my husband. Sadly, the joke’s usually on me.
23.. Are you good at card and board games? I love to play card games and board games. Except Scrabble, which puts me to sleep.